Welcome To 2016 Annual Conference Website
The 2016 Conference kicks off on Friday, May 20, 2016 at Ferris State University.
Check out what is happening by following us on Twitter and using the hashtag #MIACADA16.#MIACADA16 Tweets
Pre-Conference Networking NightCheck out Networking Page for complete details
Conference DetailsThe 2016 MIACADA Conference will be held had the Ferris State University Center at 805 Campus Drive in Big Rapids. Watch for signage directing you to campus and then to the UC. Free parking is available at the east side of the conference center and is accessible from Ives Avenue.
The 2016 Conference Program is NOW available electronically. Click here to view the PDF.
The 2016 MIACADA Conference Planning Committee is delighted to report that this year's meeting, with the theme: Reaching Out Through Academic Advising, will include the following options for our members:
* A preconference dedicated to professional development topics on Thursday afternoon
* A networking opportunity for early arrivals on Thursday evening (details here)
* Keynote Address, Connecting with Students: Stories from My Years in the Classroom by Dr. David Pilgrim, Vice President for Diversity & Inclusion at Ferris State University, on Friday
* 28 concurrent sessions with 7 options available at each of 4 periods on Friday. Detailed descriptions will be posted later this month, but sessions include presentations, panels, and workshops about:
- Academic Advising Styles
- Student Transitions to the Postsecondary Experience
- Academic Advising for a diverse array of student categories
- Best Practices and new tools for Academic Advising
* One additional session for a discussion by participants in this year’s MIACADA Book Club
* One additional session for a meeting of the MIACADA Board of Directors
* Opportunities to tour the Jim Crow Museum at Ferris State University (immediately adjacent to the conference site) throughout the day
We hope that this summary will remind you to save the MIACADA dates on your calendar and check back for details about conference registration. Looking forward to seeing you in Big Rapids!
For the Planning Committee,
Lynnae Selberg, Grand Rapids Community College
Bill Potter, Ferris State University
Accessibility & Attire for MIACADA Conference
MIACADA picks Ferris State University to host conference. Want to know more about the history of FSU?